Ocean Yield ASA : First quarter 2021 Report
Fornebu, 4th May 2021, Ocean Yield ASA (“Ocean Yield” or the “Company”)
announces results for the first quarter 2021.
- The Board of Directors has declared a dividend of USD 5.45 cents per share. This is an increase of USD 0.15 cents compared to the previous quarter and is the 31st consecutive quarterly dividend.
- EBITDA for Q1 2021 was USD 42.3 million and EBITDA adjusted for finance lease effects was USD 62.9 million.
- Net profit for the period Q1 2021 was USD 21.5 million. Adjusted net profit for Q1 2021 was USD 19.7 million.
- Three counterparties declared purchase- or sales options in the lease agreements for a total of USD 175.9 million during Q1. Ocean Yield will receive net cash proceeds of about USD 51 million from the sales after repayment of debt, of which approximately USD 10 million was received in the first quarter. The remaining amounts will be received as the vessels are delivered throughout Q2-Q4 2021.
- A refinancing of five car carriers on long-term charter to Höegh Autoliners was completed during the first quarter and the loan has been extended by another four years.
- A call notice was issued to prepay NOK 200 million of the bond issue OCY04 with maturity in September 2021 and settlement was made after the end of the quarter. Post quarter end, another call notice was issued to prepay the remaining NOK 250 million outstanding under OCY04 with settlement in June 2021.
Lars Solbakken, CEO of Ocean Yield, said in a comment:
“We are pleased to declare another increase in the quarterly dividends for the first quarter 2021. Ocean Yield has a positive view on the shipping markets for the next few years due to reduced negative effects on demand from COVID-19, a relatively low orderbook and increasing newbuilding prices. We are actively looking for new investments in modern fuel-efficient vessels with long-term charter that can contribute to increase the dividend capacity. ”